Friday, September 21, 2012

Super Duper Green Power Smoothie!!

I am in major need of a new smoothie, so last night was a scowering (is that even a word) Pinterest in search of something different and awesome, well I found it! The smoothie comes out looking about as green as an avocado but I do have to say it is delightful!
I would love to tell you more funny stories I have about my kids and my crazy life in general but Presley has transformed into a monkey over the last couple days, her favorite pass time being to dance on the island counter top and then scream at me until I get her down...I get screamed at a lot, including right this very second.

Okay here is the recipe....DO IT!

1/2 cup ice
1/2 cup orange juice (may need more later on so keep it out)
1/2 banana
1-2 handfuls of spinach, I go with 2
splash of vanilla
1 handful of frozen mixed fruit (mine has peaches, strawberries, pineapple and mango)

Throw that all in a blander and blend away, push down the sides until the spinach has disappeared.
If it's too thick to blend add a little more OJ.
If you want the POWER part of the smoothie add in 1 scoop vanilla protein powder at the very end so it doesn't make your smoothie frothy

No comments:

Post a Comment