Friday, September 7, 2012

It Could Be Worse, Seriously Get Over Yourself!

This is what I tell myself whenever I am frustrated with the happenings in my life..."it could be worse, get over yourself" (or I call my mom and cry to her on the phone, either way I need to get over myself!)
I try to take a moment out of the drama and tell myself just be thankful that all your kids are healthy, that you have a husband who is around and has a steady job, that I am healthy and can do all this kick ass stuff I do, he have an amazing house, I have amazing friends (obviously) and for the freaking awesome family that I have!
I have a friend on facebook whose husband is gone to Iraq, I think they have like 5 or 6 kids...something like that, one is a newborn (crazy lady!). I tell her often that she is my hero and how amazing she is and you know what she says back to me? "He's the amazing one" OH MY HELL! Seriously how selfish am I? I think he has been gone the majority of this year and she is just hanging in there like a trooper. Kallie you rock!
I have another friend, a pretty close one as a matter of fact who is probably reading this right at this very moment. She lost her husband recently, they have one darling little girl and I want to cry every time I think of them. She is my age!!! I would be devastated to the point of not being able to function and she is being so strong! I can't even believe how great she is handling the whole ordeal, I'm seriously proud of her. She is dealing with it like a champ. Amazing...see how much worse it could be? Summer you are amazing and I love ya!
There is a little girl in our ward, 4 years old, she was just diagnosed with a Stage 4 Wilms Tumor the size of a softball growing around her kidney. They tried to do surgery to remove it but when they got inside the tumor was in such a bad position that they couldn't touch it and found out the cancer had spread to her lungs and lymph system. It's all happened so fast and she isn't doing very well after her first dose of chemo. They found all this out because she all the sudden was having severe stomach pains and had to be rushed to the ER. They are having a 5K to raise money and show support for McKayla, you can sign up HERE if you would like. So sad!
Seriously, I thought I was having a rough week with Jett having separation anxiety (that's what I'm calling it anyway) and having to take him out of pre-school. I just have to remind myself every once in a while that I have it pretty freakin good!
Seriously though (yes I know that I use that word quite often but seriously...) Jett wouldn't even get dressed in the morning to go to school, he would cry and shake and hide under his blankets...you would think they beat him there! I think he made it to 4 classes ($75 later) and I can't bring myself to force him to go back, he's just so scared and he just wants his mommy...how can I be mad about that?
Alright, time to wrap it up....Peace out friends :) Don't worry, be happy and all that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment