Friday, July 20, 2012

Holy Sweet Tooth Batman!!!

So yes, I am sitting here in my sweatshirt in the 80 degree weather...I'm cold...it looks all doom and gloomy outside and that makes me think it should be cold and raining...I'm sure the neighbors think I'm a little strange, they will get over it.
I also have a monster sweet tooth craving tonight. Banana and peanut butter was not going to hit the spot...I remembered a kick a$$ looking recipe from my favorite paleo treat gal PaleOMG for coconut pecan butter. HOLY JACKPOT!!!! It took all of 10 minutes to make (waaaay too long for my sweet tooth) and I could eat the entire jar...it is NOT healthy at all but you know what...I deserve it! Yes I do!!!!! (This is me convincing myself) I'll post the recipe down below so if my other fellow sugar junkies need a little hit.
I deserve it because I finally got up some motivation to get training again...sure sure, I have been working out all this week but today's workout just hit the spot. You know when your warming up for a workout and you know you are feeling it? That's what happened to me today. I felt so great and my legs were feeling strong again...LOVING IT!!!
Bobby got invited to go to Wendover with a friend for the friends birthday....the friend was paying for everything too..strange to be paying for everything at your own birthday? Yes,...yes it is! Anyway so he was gone all day, is still gone, and I wasn't about to pay a babysitter to come just so I could workout when I have a perfectly good treadmill in my basement. Problem is I was supposed to do bleacher stairs today....okay, problem solved I have a perfectly good set of 13 stairs leading up from the basement. BORING...but you gotta do what you gotta do right?
This is what I managed to get in while Presley was napping (bless her sweet little head for giving me a break from her screaming session):

2.5 mile warm up (I originally planned on just running 4 miles, this is why such a long warm up)
10x running up 13 stairs and down
50 body weight squats
10x stairs
50 mason twists
10x stairs
50 lunges
800m jog
repeated 4 times with a 800m cool down, so I did a total of 1560 stairs, 5 miles, 200 squats, twists and lunges. Not too shabby for a basement workout eh?
This is why I deserved to give in to my sweet tooth just a scoch (keep in mind I didn't cheat on my sugar detox because I rock)

Okay no time for copy and pasting the recipe, youre going to have to be cool with a link...BE COOL! I sure wish Presley would be cool, man is she kicking my trash today!!!
HERE is the Pecan Coconut Butter
MELT DOWN MODE.....all systems are shutting down, time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment